The deadline for submitting an applicationhas been extended to April 18, 2021 at 11:00
Tel Aviv Global & Tourism is a municipal company at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality,leading the city's next quantum leap in the global arena. Our mission is to promote the city's vision as a "lighthouse" city with a global outreach. We are engaged in advancing tourism, international economic development, international communications and urban diplomacy for the benefit of the city and its people.
Job description: Management of the International Communications Department and team. The Department is responsible for enhancing the "Tel Aviv" brand on an international scale by promoting and positioning the city as an international business center, a global hub of innovation & entrepreneurship, and as a leading tourist destination. The Department initiates marketing projects to promote the city and its values through all forms of media – traditional, digital and new media.
- A degree from a recognized academic institution in Israel, or an overseas institution that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education, in one or more of the following areas: Communication Studies, International Relations, Government, Political Science, Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Administration and Policy and/or any other relevant degree.
- Cumulative professional experience of at least five years during the last ten years, in at least three of the following fields:
ü Marketing management
ü Media campaign management
ü Public relations management
ü Communications management
ü New media and/or Social media content management in Hebrew or in English
and/or website content management in Hebrew or in English
3. Cumulative experience of at least three years during the last ten years in managing complex projects with at least two other stakeholders – from the private / government / public / or international sector.
4. Cumulative experience of at least three years in managing at least two employees (excluding outsourcing).
5.Hebrew and English – reading, professional writing and speaking at a mother tongue level.
6. More rigorous required qualifications:
6.1 Should the number of applicants who meet the required qualifications exceed 40 – Tel Aviv Global & Tourism may apply more rigorous criteria to the cumulative experience requirement specified in above Section 2 and increase it to seven cumulative years instead of five.
6.2 Should the number of applicants who meet the cumulative experience requirement exceed 40 even after more rigorous criteria have been applied - Tel Aviv Global & Tourism may, in addition to the more rigorous cumulative experience requirement, apply more rigorous criteria to the requirement specified in above Section 3 and increase it to five cumulative years instead of three.
Additional preferred skills and/or qualifications:
- An additional degree from a recognized academic institution in Israel, or from an academic institution overseas that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education, as listed in Clause 1 of the required qualifications.
- Advanced knowledge of additional foreign languages, excluding Hebrew and English.
- Experience in representing national or municipal organizations to international actors abroad, including conferences and delegations.
- Experience in working with international organizations.
- Experience in international marketing.
- Experience in managing international campaigns.
- Experience in working abroad in one of the fields of activity of the company.
- Experience as a spokesperson for an organization.
- Experience in the advertising sector.
- Experience in working with public and/or governmental organizations, including government ministries and municipalities.
- Public speaking ability in Hebrew and English.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal relations.
The questionnaire and the accompanying documents should be sent via the following link: http://www.nisha.co.il/tlvtourism-international
The deadline for submitting an application is April 18, 2021 at 11:00.
- Applicants must be willing to work unconventional hours as the position requires a special degree of personal trust.
- Should an applicant not meet the required qualifications– his or her candidacy will be disqualified.
- Applicants for the position must complete and submit a questionnaire, attaching their resume, and documents attesting to their academic degrees. The questionnaire can be found on the Nisha Group website, the HR recruitment agency which has been authorized to facilitate the procedure.
- An application should not be submitted unless it conforms to this advertisement. An application that is submitted without attaching the required material documents will not be reviewed. The submission of a complete, accurate and truthful application, including the required accompanying documents, is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- An application submitted through any other means, including by mail, fax, email or Smart Agent, will not be reviewed.
* At its discretion, the search committee may contact the applicants to make inquiries, obtain clarifications, additional information or documents, schedule an interview, gather references, refer applicants to pre-hire assessment tests, etc., all at short notice.
*Tel Aviv Global & Tourism is entitled to hire any applicant it deems fit and is also entitled not to hire any of the applicants.
*Only relevant applications will be answered.